After reading this story, I feel a little hurt. I am a man that do not like read some story which tell a sad story. But this time I try to finish it and learn something new. The author Tim O'Brien uses flashback to show this story. At first he tell reader that Rat lost his bast first in the war, and he wrote a touching letter to the great guy's sister but he never get writes back. Obviously, Rat feels very sad about this. As my opinion, I think maybe this letter never be sent to Curt Lemon's sister so that this girl can never writes back. Everything can happen during the war.
As the author says in his story, this guy who dead is a crazy boy . I remember that on Halloween, he paints up his body all different colors and puts on this weird mask and goes out on ambush almost stark naked, just boots and balls and an M-16. I like Curt Lemon because he always can find some interesting thing during this cruel war. Although he finally lost his life because his nature.
The thing that i cannot understand in the essay is what they did to a water buffalo. This happens after Curt Lemon' death. They find the buffalo when higher in the mountains. Rat shot it without any sympathy. The most impressed me is that baby buffalo suffer this but do not make a sound. After i read this, i even feel gastric disorder causing nausea.
Anyway, I learn a lot of things by this true story. Something that I never know about the war.
没有评论:
发表评论